Saturday, September 5, 2009

50 lbs is so limiting!

I am READY! I think. Our plane leaves at 1pm tomorrow from LAX and arrives in London on Sunday morning. 10 hour flight. Then another 7 hour flight to Nairobi. I plan to pop some pills and go nite nite....zzzz

Seriously...why do they make suitcases so large? If you fill them up, guaranteed they'll go over the 50 lbs limit...which I planned to do and suck up the overage charge but just learned today that they'll charge $125! Needless to say, I had to reorganize. I have a ton of extra room but nope...heavy baby. Don't the airlines care about the poor African children?? Well, at least Roxy the cat isn't complaining...


You'd think I'd be in bed by now. My roomie Kate and I are sitting on the couch side by side in front of the only fan in the house with dueling laptops while listening to hip hop/pop music from 2004 (i.e. OutKast, Destiny's Child, Usher). I think Rylee dog knows I'm leaving. Sad panda. She climbed up on the big couch pillow behind me and perched there for a few minutes...a first for her. I know she will love two weeks of Auntie Kate time...I'm sure there will be bacon involved :)


If I can get online during my trip, I will update the blog so keeping checkin back, y'all.

http://fromcalitokenya.blogspot.com

Off to bed!

1 comments:

Hope said...

sister i just posted a comment and it didn't show up. i love you and can't wait to hear every detail you know me. i wish i was there!!! lov eyou hb