Monday, June 29, 2009

Nail Polish

Our Kenya Team meets every three weeks so we can learn about each other and talk about the upcoming trip. Last Sunday we met and I talked to a few of my teammates about the orphan girls at Hope Community Centre and how they love to get their nails painted. Apparently they've specifically asked that we bring nail polish colors "Red" and "Glitter". They will all line up and we get to paint their nails. So cute! I also heard that some of the girls will get their nails painted then go wipe off the paint just so they can get back in line to get their nails painted again. They just want to be touched and loved on. Wow how precious.

For her 6th birthday next month, my niece will be spending the night at "Auntie Mandy's" house for the first time. I think we'll be painting our nails...

http://fromcalitokenya.blogspot.com

1 comments:

Dalis said...

Wow, she's already going to be six?! When did that happen?